You're just dying to know who won our Christmas Soup Simmer Competition...aren't you!!?
1. Grandpa - with his smokey, creamy split-pea?
2. Lora - with her herby chowder and garlicy oyster crackers?
3. Shawnie - with her roasted root veggies and savory sausage?
4. Tracey - with her spicy chorizo and hearty greens?
5. Momma G - with her ultra comforting clams and tomatoes?
If you know anything about our family you know there is one individual who always rises above the rest. She (sorry Gramps!) is the girl who everyone looks for at a party to make sure shes there - for two reasons; everyone loves her and everyone loves her party food. When I say everyone loves her, I mean, her friends AND my family. She's the favorite.
Think this bias played into the final decision (Gram???)?
Her soup was delicious, AND it was an original recipe. It really was no surprise that she won. She once wrote a term paper in 4 hours before it was due, and got an A (now EVERYONE knows I didn't win).
OK, one more hint. She used to complain there were always four blue eyes staring at her...
Shawnie's Savory Winter Soup was our winner! Well deserved!
She's headed for a world of hurt. She's goin' down. I'm going in the kitchen now to practice.
She won "What's Cookin'?", a trivia style game about all things food.
I'm already looking at recipes for inspiration for my 2011 entry... let me know if you have any ideas.