Monday, January 18, 2010

Creamy Chicken Tomato Basil Linguini


Our philosophy is cook what you have and what you know. I know that the flavor combo of tomato and basil is hard to beat and a favorite of many! Fresh basil is a summer-time treat but with the garden buried under snow a produce aisle replacement works just as well. And let us be honest, anything mixed with pasta and cheese makes us drool.

Oh, and this dish earned me a "Mom, I love when you cook. It always tastes so good!" Shucks.

When my Grandma, Excutive Chef Millie, makes pasta she breaks out the "pasta platter". This plate is not for the wimpy. Friends have stared at amazement as its brought to the table. Sometimes 5 pounds of perfection piled high interlaced with her super-sublime red sauce and meatballs (in a post to come!). And every time Master Meatball Taster says "Oh, that is WAY too much!" And every time my family and friends prove him wrong.

Mangia~ Tracey


Saute with a little olive oil:
3 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 chopped onion
1 med sweet banana pepper chopped

Make a roux:
2.5 tbls unsalted butter
3 tbls flour

Wisk into cream sauce over medium heat:
2.5 cups milk
3 oz sliced sharp cheddar
1/2 c cream cheese
Splash of cream
Salt & pepper
3 c Shredded chicken

Add just before leaving the stove:
Pint of grape tomatoes halved
Fresh basil
1/2 lb cooked linguine


4 comments:

  1. I am going to try posting this again. ok. so I think you should add a button that says, "I am going to invite myself over for dinner to try this!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only requirement is you tell us who you are, and then my sister will invite you to dinner! ;)

    ReplyDelete